31 August 2007

I Don't Want to Buy Anything, Sell Anything, or Process Anything

I got a job!

OK, that's not such a huge deal, I've had lots of jobs. But this one is a better job than I expected to find. I actually managed to land a full time teaching job at a community college, something I had been led to believe was rarer than the dodo bird.

I have to admit, I'm a little nervous. It's more teaching hours than I've had in the past, and from what I've been told so far it's going to be a challenge. But I'm really looking forward to only working one job - it's been a while since I've been in a position where I didn't need a supplementary income.

I don't start for a couple more weeks, so I have lots of time to stew over it & freak myself out. And attempt to get an official copy of my transcript from my university in Poland. Something tells me that's going to be a long, slow process. I knew I'd never really be free of that place.

In other news, my I-am-an-idiot moment of the month came yesterday, when I realized that it's possible to play CDs on a DVD player. I've only been carrying the new Indigo Girls CD around with me for a month, hoping to remember to play it during the rare moment when I'm in a house with a CD player. Don't ask, just enjoy a chuckle at my expense.

6 comments:

liz said...

Its a great CD, ENJOY!

Beckles McFreckles said...

Hi Wendy! So great to hear things are going well. It's nice to know one can have a life after Poland :) I too had a dumb day - went to the wrong airport, Luton instead of Stansted. Really, you can't beat that! Hugs, Becky

Unknown said...

Well done, Wendy!! I mean the job and the "discovery!!!!! :-)))

Eric said...

Hi Wendy,

Just wanted to say "hi". I too am returning to the US after staying in Poznan for some time. (Although I was only there for a year, not four as you were.)

My wife and I just returned to Philadelphia this past Tuesday, and we've already bought a car, and we're hunting for some where to live, and my wife is looking for a job (I own a business).

I guess its just a really big world, but its funny to think that you're doing the same thing as us right now! -- Adjusting to life after poland!

PS, we bought a Toyota Yaris, we liked the fact it was a nice, small euro-car. It isn't that easy to go from Maluch to Hummer, after all ;-)

Lisaopolis said...

What???! Congrats! Hook me up! Now that I'm back in the area, I will follow up on that part-time tip too. I am looking forward to hearing more, Lady!

Hippy Goodwife said...

excellent news! on both counts.