13 September 2011

I'm Not in Kansas Anymore

OK, I've never actually been to Kansas, but the paraphrase seemed appropriate.

So, here I am in Malatya, Turkey, day 2. But just barely, since I arrived last night. My luggage arrived this morning. ALWAYS pack a pair of clean underwear in your carry-on - I did, this time.

I'll keep this short, since I haven't seen much of the city yet & I'm very jet lagged at the moment. But from what I know so far, it seems like a pretty good situation. I've got a nice, comfortable, one-bedroom apartment with internet access. The people I'll be working with seem very nice. I should be able to see my office tomorrow. And classes start on Monday, by which time I hope to be more coherent than I feel right now. Really, I'm just biding my time until it's late enough for me to go to sleep - I'm shooting for 9:00 PM.

That's the best I can do right now. Stay tuned for what should be more interesting adventures coming soon!

1 comment:

thisoneisoriginal said...

Sounds great, Wendy! Let the adventure begin! I hate jetlag. Good luck on adjusting! Apartment sounds fantastic!